Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc 2023, the programme for a crazy week
Final preparations for the Ultra Trail du Mont-Blanc, which is celebrating its 20th edition this year. Here is the programme for the 2023 edition:
Monday, August 28, 2023
- La Petite Trotte à Léon starts at 8 am from the Place du Triangle de l'Amitié.
- At around 1 p.m., the first finisher of the MCC is expected under the finish arch in front of the town hall of Chamonix, while the 1,000 runners will have started at 10 o'clock from Martigny (Switzerland).
- Monday at 2 p.m., the Ultra Trail village will open its doors on Place du Mont-Blanc for five days, until Friday, September 1 at 2 p.m.
- Finally, on Monday evening, from Courmayeur (Italy), the start of the TDS at about 11:50 p.m.
Tuesday, August 29, 2023
- Courmayeur hosts the YCC and ETC races while Chamonix will be waiting for the TDS winner around 6pm.
Wednesday, August 30, 2023
- The afternoon will be devoted to children with the mini-UTMBs at the Champ du Savoy.
- Then from 16 to 18 hours, on the podium at the Place du Triangle de l'Amitié, a ceremony will celebrate among others the legends of the past 20 editions.
Thursday, August 31, 2023
- The day will be punctuated by the OCC which will start from Orsières at 8:15 am. After a first arrival around 1pm, all finishers will join Chamonix until the evening.
Friday, 1 September 2023
- From Courmayeur, the CCC departs as usual at 9 a.m.
- While the main event, the UTMB, will start at 18 hours from the Place du Triangle de l'Amitié.
- Following the momentous start of the UTMB, Chamonix will wait to welcome home the winner and all of the of the CCC.